The 2017 Canadian Shopper Study confirms the power of OOH in a digital age with 96% of Canadian consumers stating they notice OOH ads.
Some of the key findings from this study are:
- ¾ of urban millennials recall OOH ads
- 2 in 3 consumers in major markets – Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver recall OOH ads
- 1 in 2 millennials use some type of ad blocking software on one or more devices. Nationally, almost 1 in 3 shoppers continue to use ad blocking software.
- 45% of shoppers are active, alert and interested when outside their home, leading to higher message retention of OOH ads and motivating them to take action
- almost 40% of purchases are unplanned providing an opportunity to use OOH to influence purchase decisions.
An online survey of over 40,000 Canadian consumers (age 18+) who are involved in household shopping. The survey is weighted by gender, age and region to conform to the PGS profile of the Canadian Household Shopper. This survey was conducted by BrandSpark from November 2015 to January 2016.