Digital OOH commands high attention levels
Canadian Shoppers look to DOOH for information and services
A study with Canadian shoppers on their attitudes and perceptions of DOOH show that they are interested in interacting with digital ads. Some of the key findings are:
- Eight out of ten shoppers in major urban markets Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal agree that DOOH is effective in communicating Public Safety Messages
- 70% of shoppers accept digital signs as a normal part of public space in large cities with almost 80% in Toronto compared to 69% in Vancouver and 66% in Montreal.
- 81% of shoppers in Toronto find that DOOH is seen as an effective way to communicate important and timely information while over three quarters (71%) in Montreal and 63% in Vancouver agree.
- Almost 5 in 10 shoppers in major cities Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are interested in interacting with digital ads to obtain information or promo offers on products/services.
- Six out of ten shoppers in major urban markets Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal notice digital billboards.
- Vancouver shoppers pay the most attention with almost three quarters (73%) saying they notice digital billboards, compared to 62% in Toronto and 60% in Montreal.
- Attention levels are highest (79%) among urban adults age 35 – 49, a group that has an active lifestyle and spends more than half their day outside the home.
- Attention levels are also high among smartphone owners (73%) providing opportunities for advertisers to interact with shoppers to provide offers and product/store information.
Click here to download the study (PPT).